The Progressive web application (PWA) was introduced in 2015 by Frances Berriman and Alex Russell, many companies have and are taking advantage of this technology. They are able to develop and deliver highly engaging user experience. The most outstanding use case have come from companies like Walmart, Alibaba, Trivago, Twitter reporting growing revenues faster than ever and doubled conversion rates.
The success stories of PWA are attracting various small and mid-sized businesses.
So let us know what is Exactly Progressive web application (PWA) ?
What is progressive Web app?
It works on any platform that uses a Standard-Compliant Browser.
You can say Progressive web application (PWA) actually combines the cream of Web applications and the cream of Mobile applications. They use HTTPS, A manifest file and an app shell architecture to delievernative app experiences to web applications.
Why did Alex Russell and Frances berriman created Progressive Web Apps?
All of us are using IOS and Mobile apps in our smartphones . We are using them for various reasons like shopping reading stuff and much more. But before installing these shopping apps or any other apps many questions arise in our mind like is there space in my phone? Or Do I really need this app? Or Is the app secured to be installed in my phone? Etc ….
According to research many people have given up with the use of IOS/ Android applications because they are not satisfied with the experience ass they were expecting.Some people hesitate to download more apps while some do not have enough space for them.
The reason is that there is a responsive website with same functions behind these apps. Thus , no one wants to waste there internet data or phone space by installing these apps. Plus the regular updates of these apps become headache later on. PWA works wonderfully because it combines the cream of native and web under one system.
Why do I use a Progressive web application (PWA)
The advantages of Progressive Web Apps (PWA) are Many and I’ll highlight them below:
- Cost – The cost of building a PWA is less as compared to a mobile application.
- Progressive – Works for every user, in any browser choice because they’re built with progressive enhancement as a core tenet.
- Responsive – Fits to any form factor: desktop, mobile, tablet, or forms yet to emerge.
- Connectivity independent – Service workers allow apps to work offline or on low-quality networks.
- App-like – Feel like a native app to the user with app-style interactions and navigation.
- Fresh – Always up-to-date thanks to the service worker update process.
- Safe – Served via HTTPS to prevent snooping and ensure content hasn’t been tampered with.
- Easy Discovery – Are identifiable as “applications” thanks to W3C manifests and service worker registration scope allowing search engines to find them.
- Re-engageable – Make re-engagement easy through features such as push notifications.
- Installable – Allow users to “keep” apps they find most useful on their home screen without the hassle of an app store.
Brands that have used Progressive web application (PWA):
Many of the Good and top brands have used Progressive Web Apps (PWA) like
- Book My Show
Progressive web application (PWA) can improve SEO:
As PWA is web based, all things are discoverable by search engines.And data content inside PWA can be shared , linked and ranked by the search engines. By removing the obstacle between web and native, users can directly link to the most
Advanced digital products, on any device anytime.
Minimum data use, reduced bounce rate, super fast loading times and good engaging experiences are by default for SEO rankings.Google ranks well designed PWA’s higher than any other regular website.
As per discussion from the Divante, a well known e-commerce consultants prepared a list of best trends.They came to conclude that PWA will be one of the best trends of e-commerce industry in 2018 which will bring revolution in the ecommerce world in the coming years.
PWA concept is a perfect and PWA will be one of the best trends in 2018 which will bring a revolution in the world in the coming years.